Welcome to Tagrel.com!!
Tagrel.com - Magic is only a Mouse Away!
Flashchatters: Jellyrolls

Go Back   Tagrel.com - Sharing Disney Magic > Walt Disney World > Outside the World

Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
wdwr
Taginator Veteran

Cost of a taxi to a grocery store or Walmart??

I need your help Tags. For Tagomania we won't have a car but would like to get a few groceries. The usual water, pop, breakfast foods, fruit, milk etc. We are staying at AKV-Kidani and arrive on the 19th around 4ish depending on Magical Express.

I know there is Garden Grocer that delivers but I think we have to be in our room or have it held with Bell Services and get them to deliver it when we call. We can also use the DVC Resort grocery option too. Both of these will have delivery charges. (yes, we can just go down and buy it ourselves too)

We're just wondering if it would just be better to take a quick run in a taxi to the nearest grocery store or Super-Walmart to pick up these items and then taxi back. Any suggestions on which store and the possible costs???

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Snickerdoodlesmommy
Taginator Veteran

Just ask at check in for a taxi as they are usually always waiting close by. I can't imagine it would cost much more than $30-40 depending on which store you choose and how long you are in there shopping.

You could just consider doing a one day car rental for your shopping and see other attractions that day as well. (Like Sea World,IOA, or even just the Outlets)

Hope this helps!

Snickerdoodlesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Robin
Taginator Veteran

If you're going to do the grocery run, it might pay to just go with Quicksilver. You get to do a grocery stop and don't have to leave earlier than necessary for the airport.

2013 Relay For Life of Lake Buena Vista

April 20, 2013
Reedy Creek Fire Station #4
1920 W Buena Vista Dr, Orlando

You can make a donation, or purchase a luminaria for a loved one on my page.

Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
Ursulinda
Taginator Veteran

It would be less expensive to use WeGoShop.com - you can chose which store Marge shops at, and you DO NOT have to be at the resort when she delivers. Nor do you have to pick from a list - just tell her what you want.
Ursulinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
Joe
Admin
Taginator Admin

Just a thought, we have used Quicksilver for our trip from the airport to WDW the last couple of trips just so we could have the grocery stop. It's all figured into the cost and we faxed the order ahead so it was waiting when we pulled up - saves lots of time. Used ME to get from WDW back to the airport. All in all, it worked well for us.
HTH

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
spinner
Senior Taginator

Here is Info for what it is worth.
We are coming in on 17th Tagomania and renting car for one day. A while back found one for 28 including taxes. We are keeping for one day. Originally coming in late at day and moving resorts next day. So, we thought it would be easier to keep most bags in the car. We are DVCing for the first time and hopping around a bit. (POP then BLT for 2 days (all we could get at purchase time )and the AKL Jambo for end)
We are taking ME back to airport. Also toying with getting a car for one other day when we switch BLT and AKL. This car was cheaper because of not picking up at airprt. Ony 25 dollars. Since we are stretching our points we are only staying in a studio so we wont be able to buy as many groceries with the small fridge on the first part of the week.
We got it at dollar returning to Regal Sun Hotel at Downtown Disney used codes from Mouseowners Played around a lot to get that rate and it was in July.

Hope that helps,
Spinner

spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
TGFB87
Senior Taginator

Personally, I would just use GardenGrocer as it can very well be your cheapest alternative. We use it often and find it to be a very cost-effective alternative to buying things at the resort or even using the DVC delivery service.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
wdwr
Taginator Veteran

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to look into them all this week and make a decision.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
tiggerguy
Taginator

I was staying at saratoga springs and I walked out to the downtown resorts and caught a taxi on the street.I paid $4.00 to winn dixie and called back for a return trip the back entrance gate which my building was close to at the price of $4.50.The taxi at the resort starts way to high because of contract between Disney and mears transportation.No other cab company can enter the resort.If they use a meter it should not cost that much but im sure they are charging by the trip which they could say any price.my friend took a cab from the grand floridian to downtown disney and they where charged $40.00 one way.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMBER SINCE 2000

WHAT A TIGGER DOES ON VACATION
tiggerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Tagrel.com - Sharing Disney Magic > Walt Disney World > Outside the World